Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Responsible for the entire end-to-end process of delivering effective database solutions to meet Business MIS needs. Responsible for planning, conducting and directing the analysis of complex business problem requirements to be solved by automated systems. Applies a specific knowledge of the business combined with knowledge of the systems technology capabilities to business problem solving. Plans, executes unit, integration and acceptance testing. Designs details of automatic systems. Provides consultation to users in the areas of automatic systems.
* Utilizing a thorough understanding of business processes and Bank goals, creates and maintains effective tools and database solutions for business tasks and processes which promote efficiency, productivity, and accurate communication of data.
* Consults with users and vendors for needs assessment/analysis.
* Creates and analyzes detailed business requirements, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, reports.
* Develops detailed analysis of users needs (i.e. business specifications, cost benefit analysis, etc.), prepares required documentation (i.e. charts, work flow tables, etc.), and provides recommendations.
* Presents research and recommendations to management. Identifies methods, processes and equipment that enhance productivity (hardware, software, operational).
* Monitors implementation and user satisfaction. Independently conducts studies of new or existing systems and recommends changes based on these findings.
* Effectively and independently manages special projects to address and resolve complex issues, changing business needs, new systems or process improvements for the division.
* Skills are gained through exposure of increasingly complex levels in resolving and integrating both system and business requirements.
* May be required to lead, conduct and facilitate meetings.
* Plays a role in the development and implementation of strategic technology plans.
* Produces project plans.
* Direct solutions to system/business problem.
* Manages and resolves complex projects.
* Requires advanced communications skills level for composing and writing original business letters, detailed business specifications, recommendations, reports, internal policy and presentations to management.
* May be required to work direct lower levels.
* Typically requires a four-year college degree (e.g., B.S., B.A.).
* Typically requires 4-5 years of specific business knowledge, project management and direct work experience in system/database administration.
* Knowledgeable of all operational processes and systems currently used.
* May provide entry-level programming.
* Competent to work in most phases of fairly complex systems analysis.
* Exhibits good leadership and consulting skills.
* Requires only a general level of supervision.
* Proven proficiency with MS Office products, especially Excel and Access.
* Knowledge of VBA, SQL, Relational Databases and web-based applications a plus. Banking and Commercial Real Estate experience a plus.
* Work Ethic & Initiative: Anticipates and takes responsibility for results; works efficiently with little supervision.
* Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving: Identifies all of the relevant pieces, asks the right questions, and finds a solution. Sound decision making skills that demonstrate originality, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
* Vision & Understanding: Understands the overall process and goals to visualize the end result. Ability to set and develop strategic goals through understanding of operational processes/systems and technology capabilities.
* Teamwork & Project Management: Achieves results through working with others; project leadership skills. Negotiating, conflict management, and organization skills required, including the ability to develop strong alliances at all levels within the organization.
* Flexibility & Organization: Works well under pressure, shifting to new projects quickly and effectively while maintaining control of task list; excellent time management skills. Ability to adapt to change and implement quickly based on overall direction and needs of the business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.