Candidate will be offered either Associate General Adjuster or General Adjuster depending on the experience of the candidate.
The successful General Adjuster candidate will plan, recommend, reserve and execute the investigation, valuation, disposition and settlement of large commercial and personal lines property claims in a manner consistent with corporate claim settlement policies and procedures and statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements throughout the United States as appropriate.
The individual in this position will work to achieve fair, equitable and timely claim dispositions and properly assess the indemnity and expense exposure of assigned claims. They will report to a Property Major Case Manager and operate in a team environment that will develop and share business knowledge and claim handling expertise with team members and business partners.
* Strong functional knowledge of commercial/residential claims and be able to appropriately interpret and apply insurance coverage.
* College degree or equivalent experience
* Consistent high level of performance and achievement over career span
* 5 years experience as Associate General Adjuster/General Adjuster in handling complex property losses in their entirety with values in excess of $100k required.
* Cost estimation preferably using Xactimate and computer competencies required.
* Experience in handling business income losses
* Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Property Claim Law and jurisdictional issues
* Disciplined time management and organizational skills and ability to function in a self-reliant manner
* Availability for nationwide catastrophe operations as necessary
* Must have MS Office knowledge (ie Excel)
* The ideal candidate should reside in one of these states: IL, IN, OH, PA, NY or NJ
Behaviors at the Hartford:
* Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
* Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
* Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
* Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion
Associated topics: auto, bodily, casualty, claim, claimant, insurance adjuster, insurance examiner, investigate, investigation, liability