Provide the necessary structure, support and guidance which assists adolescent females to acquire the skills they need to return to the community successfully or step down to a lower level of care. Effectively implements behavior management and de-escalation techniques to motivate youth to progress through program levels and achieve a positive discharge.
COVERAGE: various shifts including weekday, evening, weekend shifts, occasional overnight.
This position requires a bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in social work, psychology or a related field required. Must have 3 - 5 years relevant experience. Must have and maintain a valid driver's, use of insured vehicle and an acceptable driving record.
* Must demonstrate iniative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well independently.
* Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
* Must be able to set goals, analyze work develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
* Must regularly be able to see, speak and hear. Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
* Must be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.
* Assume an active role in agancy events.