- Purchases high volume items and materials that cover extended contract periods
- Researches, finds and qualifies new suppliers as needed.
- Monitors, expedites and follow-ups purchase orders to assure their compliance with quantity quality, price, delivery and ISO specifications, certification and paperwork requirements
- Sources and finds opportunities to reduce costs and evaluates and searches for cost effective and high-quality suppliers.
- Works with and occasionally persuades vendors and manufacturers to undertake the manufacture of custom-designed items according to complex and rigid specifications.
- Negotiates prices and fees to purchase inventory and services
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Keeps abreast of market and product developments and interviews representatives for potential new sources of supply
- Maintains and manages relationships with suppliers in accordance with the Supplier Certification Program
- Identifies the need for replacement/supplement of a supplier(s) to Purchasing Manager
- Researches price and deliveries on new products. Obtains quotations for new or existing items as needed
- Monitors performance and capabilities of vendors to ensure maintenance of delivery , quality and price commitments.
- Oversees the shipping and receiving functions
- May be responsible for checking and guiding the work of lower-level buyers
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 7+ years of purchasing experience is required.
- Experience working in a manufacturing company is required.
- Must have strong negotiation skills, possess highly developed analytic skills and sound commercial acumen.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to problem solve with good business ethics
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) is strongly preferred
- IFS procurement software,
- Contact Management systems;
- IFS Inventory software and IFS Manufacturing software.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
Associated topics: buyer, display, inventory, merchandise, purchase, raw material, ship, shipment, store, supplier