At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset and have more than 1100 employees located in over 80 offices and our headquarters in Louisville. For the sixth year in a row, Farm Credit Mid-America has been named one of the top 25 \"Best Places to Work in Kentucky\" in the large-company category of 500 or more staff. Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, Farm Credit Mid-America is the area's largest financial institution dedicated to serving over 100,000 customers who are farmers and rural residents throughout Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Farm Credit Mid-America is seeking an attorney with deep subject matter experience in commercial lending and real estate transactions. This position will primarily support one or more of Farm Credit Mid-America's agricultural lending business units to provide cross-functional collaboration and support in lending transactions, product implementation and driving efficient and sound processes and business practices.
The Successful Candidate For This Position Will:
* Support one or more agricultural lending business units with Loan Documentation, Credit Administration, collateral perfection related to real and personal property, and other related origination and servicing related work.
* Proactively identify process improvement opportunities that mitigate legal risk or drive efficiency.
* Remain current on existing and emerging regulation and influence compliance strategies and business processes and procedures in a way that drives compliance as part of regular business processes.
* Lead cross-functional projects and partner with business teams to create, implement or improve agricultural lending products or supporting forms and processes.
* Serve as the primary legal team owner of agricultural lending forms, policies, procedures, contracts and training topics and draft, revise and rollout these materials as required to meet business needs and compliance obligations.
* Coordinate, lead and participate in special projects to meet business or legal team goals.
* Develop and maintain deep knowledge of Farm Credit Administration regulations.
* Advise on distressed loan workouts and related matters, including structuring, drafting and negotiating forbearance agreements.
* Select and manage outside counsel relationships in accordance with Association guidelines to manage cost and quality.
* Coordinate with all applicable internal and external stakeholders, and delivery an exceptional customer experience to a demanding business team.
* Work with internal and external audit examiners on regulatory exams.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with experience in the banking industry to join a collegial team in a growing company.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
* At least eight or more years of experience with an emphasis on commercial lending and real estate. In-house experience with a commercial lender or experience as outside counsel to an agricultural lending or Farm Credit system institution is highly desirable.
* Significant experience and a broad working knowledge of commercial lending transactions.
* Experience with default servicing and loan workouts, including collection and foreclosure processes.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to anticipate and meet the needs of a sophisticated business and a growing business team.
* Superior organizational skills.
* Excellent client experience skills, a commitment to team work and a professional demeanor.
* A J.D. degree required from an ABA accredited law school, current license to practice law in a US state jurisdiction and ability to gain admission to the Kentucky Bar.
* Experience with commercial contract review, management processes and building or expanding a regulatory compliance program is a plus.
The successful candidate will be a team player with a collaborative attitude, and the ability to lead significant cross-functional projects and become a valued business partner by creating and maintaining trusting relationships with business units, senior leaders and key internal and external stakeholders.
Education and Experience
Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree and current membership in a state bar, in good standing. Six (6) or more years of legal practice, with progressive development of expertise in one or more desired legal subject matter areas in a private practice or in-house setting. Licensed by and/or admitted to practice law in the state of Kentucky, or capable of obtaining KY admission within a reasonable time following hire.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Here's What We Can Offer You...
Farm Credit Mid-America has an outstanding Total Rewards package, which includes, but is not limited to:
* Salary commensurate with experience
* 15 vacation days, 15 sick days, and 9 paid holidays per year
* 401(k) plan
* Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D benefits, etc.
* Fitness Incentive Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.