Enjoy Life Foods, the leading brand in the growing Free-From category and we are seeking a motivated, passionate, and hard-working team members to make an immediate contribution to the company as it continues to grow.
The Area Supervisor, Production, manages a team of production line operators and production employees to achieve flawless product quality, planned volume, line efficiency, and other key performance indicators (KPIs) while fully engaged in the operation of the line and ownership of bottom line results.
* Deliver Results * Deliver on all SQCDSM targets for the line; owns full results for assigned product lines during designated shift. * Regularly direct the work of other employees. * Ensure focus on all relevant aspects of line production, including product quality, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), minimizing waste and maximizing outputs. * Manage his or her team to attempt to resolve production issues. Initiate corrective actions and notify the appropriate department leader accordingly. * When first steps at problem resolution are not effective, report issues regarding product quality, safety, compliance, production standards, and other production concerns to the appropriate staff resource. Inform production planning resource of any divergences from plan. * Ensure all production data is registered in a timely fashion. Gather and prepare all required follow-up documents. Post production results in the appropriate work system according to established procedures. * As necessary, perform basic fill in on various line functions and sanitation responsibilities. Including maintenance, operation, and sanitation. * Execute other duties as identified by the manufacturing facility. * Maintain a continuous understanding of loss, cost, safety, and performance of the assigned areas on each shift. * Develop and execute action plans to manage, improve and sustain applicable processes and procedures. * Develop cost savings proposals for the assigned area to be evaluated at a set frequency. * Develop the technical capacity to troubleshoot and operate the equipment and processes in the areas assigned to manage to provide accurate and knowledgeable guidance.
* Empower, encourage and support Team Members to assume individual accountability and ownership for the results of the production line. Act as role model for team by demonstrating strong personal leadership (composure, fairness, interpersonal savvy, compassion). * Provide front line coaching and training support to team members to create a positive working environment. * Provide day-to-day evaluation and feedback regarding on-the-job performance of Team Members. In conjunction with HR/Shift Managers, expected to participate in formal performance evaluations. * In consultation with the appropriate site resources, identify the training needs of the operators and participate in the development of training initiatives. * Serve as initial contact for individual performance issues and conflict resolution amongst team members. * Organize operators across the various workstations in line with workforce requirements and individual competencies. As appropriate for the facility, coordinate replacements at the various workstations during the breaks, taking part in these replacements as required.
* Maintain ongoing communication within the team (as individuals and as a collective team). * Lead and facilitate team communication meetings (Green Rooms). * Represent line at regular higher-level communication meetings. * Ensure Team Members receive all relevant site, production and employee relations information on a timely basis. * Solicit and communicate ideas and suggestions from team members to improve production efficiency and other KPIs. * Hold team members accountable for performance through process changes, coaching, discipline, and training.
* Lead and Implement \"Continuous Improvement\" Activities. * Engage operators to continuously seek improvements in relation to production targets and Safety, Quality, Delivery, Service and Morale. * Solicit and make suggestions toward improvement and champion and implement ideas where appropriate.
* Coordinate the application of workplace practices and regulations, ensuring the rules are observed in the field of work safety, product quality, hygiene (GMP, HACCP, ISO). * Ensure that Team Members are aware of and adhere to all relevant various safety, food quality and environmental compliance programs.
Skills & Competencies:
* Associate's Degree or equivalent experience. * Leadership/Staff Management: Promotes organizational mission and goals and shows the way to achieve them. Manages staff in ways that improve their ability to succeed on the job. * Ability to demonstrate safe working habits. * Ability to demonstrate excellent work habits in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) * Ability to speak, read, and write in English and (Spanish desirable). * Ability to understand, follow, and provide detailed oral and written work instructions. * Ability to manage people, process, and cost in a manufacturing environment. * Excellent motivational, interpersonal and communication skills. * Technical understanding of assigned equipment and processes. * Computer literacy, especially with Microsoft Office Suite. * Ability to lift/carry up to 25 lbs. and push/pull up to 40 lbs. & stand/walk for long periods of time. * Ability to meet all other physical requirements of work in a manufacturing environment. * Ability to work any shift, nights, weekends, holidays and extended hours as required.
We offer competitive starting rates and benefit packages including:
* Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance * Company-paid Life Insurance * Company-paid Short-Term Disability * 401k with match * Company Sponsored HSA with match * Paid vacation and holidays * On-site fitness center
And much more!
Apply today and jump start your career with Enjoy Life Foods!
About Enjoy Life Foods
Enjoy Life Foods is an 18-year company founded with the goal to create great-tasting, allergy-friendly foods the world trusts and loves. We feature a robust portfolio of Certified Gluten Free and Non-GMO Project Verified products that are free-from 14 common allergens - wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, casein, soy, egg, sesame, sulfites, lupin, mustard, fish, shellfish, and crustaceans. The Enjoy Life line includes cookies, snack bars, chocolate bars, baking chocolate, baking mixes, seed and fruit mixes, protein bites and lentil chips, all available in natural and conventional grocers and mass retailers throughout the United States and Canada.
Enjoy Life Natural Brands, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or applicable state law.
Disability Accommodation for Application: Enjoy Life Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to apply for a position at Enjoy Life Foods, please send us an email at ...@enjoylifefoods.com.