R3131 Financial Consultant I - System Administrator (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
Are you an experienced Financial Consultant that takes pride in building and implementing sound business strategies? Do you favor an organization that appreciates innovative thinking with an entrepreneurial mindset? Are you passionate about mentoring others while building positive relationships? Are you looking for a caring company that is committed to uncommon service? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, in our Walnut Creek, CA office.
While we've been named a 'best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our commitment to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will create AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
As a Financial Consultant I, you'll help us achieve our goal by acting as a subject matter expert for ERP system administration. You are responsible for crafting effective configuration, operation, and maintenance of ERP software and related systems. You will assist project teams with technical issues in the development of any new enhancements, upgrades, or defect resolution efforts. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
You will develop resolutions to critical issues and broad design matters of a moderate to high degree of complexity. You'll oversee high-level and complex financial and operational analyses by independently reaching out across work groups and divisions to find subject matter experts and important partners to manage the work and achieve to alignment and resolution. You will build effective relationships between the business unit(s) and finance. You'll partner with senior level executives to initiate solutions or new approaches to address opportunity trends or significant issues.
A typical day as a Financial Consultant may include:
* ERP implementation support.
* You'll support multiple business applications as required including PeopleSoft and Blackline.
* You will lead the day-to-day maintenance of ledger trees, hierarchies, rules, and dimensions.
* You'll Configure the application to meet agreed business requirements, ensuring partners are fully informed on the impact of potential changes.
* You may assist with the testing process and organizing UAT with users.
* You will use reporting tools to create, build and maintain reports to monitor data quality and support the reporting needs of the business areas.
* You'll maintain ERP system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; bringing up application problems to vendor.
* You'll work to secure the PeopleSoft system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
As a valued member of our community, you will:
* Join a team who is dedicated to AAA members and one another. We seek out and incorporate different perspectives to drive towards better results.
* Achieve career growth by continuously developing your skills through on-the-job experience, exposure to others and formal education opportunities.
* Work at a place that has been named one of the 50 Most Community-minded Companies in America for 5 years running.
* Experience a culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. 8 company-wide Employee Resource Groups address themes like military appreciation, ethnic heritage and LGBTQ+ Pride.
* Provide analytical expertise in the design and development of new or revision of existing Blackline(GL) reconciliations and automation.
* Assists accounting group with issue resolution relating to sub ledger activity.
* Provides coaching and assistance to accounting staff.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet critical deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Thorough knowledge of PeopleSoft system configuration or other equivalent ERP software
* Knowledge of GAAP and Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP), statement preparation and financial analysis techniques.
* Strong analytical skills needed to structure and conduct analysis and to evaluate and develop logical solutions to accounting issues.
* Ability to challenge, persuade, and influence senior leaders
* Understanding of the financial dynamics of a P & C insurer and AAA operations and their application to CSAA's accounting environment.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Proficient at facilitation and presentation
* Strong strategic thinker
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications:
* Bachelor's degree with emphasis on Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience
* 8+ years previous relevant work experience
* Project and Process Management experience
* Corporate accounting experience in a SOX environment
* Insurance industry experience is a plus
* ERP Implementation experience
* BlackLine Reconciliation Software experience
CSAA Insurance Group Offers Many Benefits, Including:
* Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage including benefits coverage for domestic partners. Company contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
* 401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a cash balance retirement program.
* Company paid employee assistance plan, and health support programs.
* Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness classes.
* Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and paid adoption leave.
* Two weeks paid military leave.
* Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time off to volunteer.
* Tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career development and mentorship opportunities.
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let's work together
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so please check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: business, business advisory, business analysis, business analyst, business systems, business systems analyst, client, customer, senior consultant, support analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.