Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday - Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 31418
Assists with or supports the provision of physical or occupational therapy services under direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist, occupational therapist, physical therapy assistant, or occupational therapy assistant in accordance with the state practice act for these disciplines. Supports department personnel in maintaining a clean and organized department. Supports the mission of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
* High School education or GED
* Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of employment
* Experience in entry level
* Bachelor's degree
* 1 year of experience in working with children or within a hospital
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
* Oral and written communication skills for effective communication of information
* Positive interpersonal skills and ability to function in an interdisciplinary environment
* Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment
* Travel to other Children's Healthcare of Atlanta locations based on patient census, program development, and/or contract obligations with physician practices
* Assists professional staff with age-specific care and treatment of patients according to departmental standards of care as delegated.
* Transports patients as delegated in a timely and safe manner.
* Assists therapists during treatment with positioning or support or helps patient with equipment use while therapist is working with patient and directing both the patient and directing/supervising aide.
* Maintains organization and sanitation of physical space, equipment, and supplies, including set-up/clean-up, safety checks, and departmental infection control and safety monitoring.
* Inventories, orders, and restocks supplies in a timely manner.
* Provides clerical or office support as needed.
* Assists with departmental projects as needed.
* Assists in preparations for meetings/in-services, including room and audio-video set-up.
* Demonstrates competencies that incorporate age-specific guidelines, including N = Neonate (less than 30 days), I = Infant (30 days to 1 year), EC = Early Childhood (1-5 years), LC = Late Childhood (5-13 years), A = Adolescent (13-17 years), AD = Adult, and ALL = all ages.
* Participates in maintaining and monitoring the work environment to ensure a continual state of Joint Commission readiness.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Sitting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Standing - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Allied Health - Rehab
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Rehabilitation, Clerical, Patient Care, Pediatric, Physical Therapy, Healthcare, Administrative
Associated topics: lactation consultant, mhlb physical, orthopedic, orthopedic therapy, physical, physical therapist, physical therapy, rehab, therapist, therapist outpatient